Many things have happened over the years:
1. Improvements: Five of the greenhouse structures have been completely changed out.
2. Mechanization: a transplanting robot and automatic flat filler were added, much to the thrill of young, school-age children on our greenhouse tours.
3. Innovation: We were the first local greenhouse to plant moss baskets, to offer custom basket planting, and to teach workshops for adults and children.
4. Creativity: Moss ladies and even a moss dinosaur grace the front lawn.
5. Generosity: We are happy to share with the Fairbanks Community Food Bank by donating plants for their clients to produce their own food, as well as donate thousands of pounds of freshly picked garden produce.
Today, you’ll find their son Troy and daughter-in-law Angie working hard to carry on the tradition begun so many years before.